A Lockdown Lamb Day


Every morning, early doors before folk are out and about, I force myself out of bed to undertake my daily exercise - one day a short three mile run alternating this with a five mile bike ride - in my local area. I'm lucky as I live in a semi-rural locality within four miles of Carlisle, nestled in between a couple of farms.

I have been watching the neighbouring fields to await the arrival of lambs. Despite going out armed with my phone to snap photographs, I seem to have missed seeing fields of wee white fluffy lambs and have noticed fewer fields of sheep. Where are they all hiding? Are farmers keeping them close to home for ease? Do the sheep not realise the need for me to capture them on film during this pandemic? At last, panic over, during the last week this all seems to have been rectified. The sheep are back.

You can tell I have too much time on my hands and I need to fill my day. Nearby sheep beware - here comes a purple-haired woman, clutching her mobile, ready to take your photograph for her blog. So out on my bike this week I have managed to capture some local lambs to share with you all. Of course these sheep are really waiting for their breakfast whilst I focus my camera, and it has not been easy to actually capture their little cute faces. Wearing lycra knee-length shorts to tackle nettles and ditches is also not my wisest move, but I managed to get a few images. Here is the best one. I don't think the camera team working with David Attenborough need worry about any competition from me. I'll stick to my day job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?