What TIme is Too Late?

It is 2140hrs and I find myself just starting to tackle my daily blog post. Is this too late? I have spent the last couple of hours designing a workshop on how to make bunting for the forthcoming VE day celebrations. In the middle of this was my weekly Ranger Guide meeting with eight of my Rangers. Time just ticked away and I really felt that I needed to call it a night when WHAM! I realise I had forgotten to write my blog.

It's a double whammy really as I hadn't given much thought to content either. You may say well that really is quite poor and I should have a schedule all ready to rock and roll, when in reality I often decide on the daily update by either:

  1. the skin of my teeth
  2. influence of something that has happened during my day
  3. some significant or important date/anniversary that I can link into

When I first undertook the challenge of writing a blog, it seemed somewhat romantic and quite an easy task. Don't get me wrong; I'm no Wordsworth or Bronte. But do quite like the power of the word and the way you can manipulate meaning through sentence structure. I did get a 'B' in O Level English so I felt I could string a passage of words together. I do like the blog to feel like I am chatting, not formal or scripted, that it comes from a person sitting at a laptop responding to the world around. But this evening, it feels like a major challenge.

Added to this is the choice of photograph. I can search my holiday photos for sunny resorts or choice campsites. However, the photo needs to be relevant to the post, whether it's a holiday post or a Museum photo, to make the connection and represent the text. All this leaves me wondering what I am going to use for tonight's last minute.com post. I am weary even trying to contemplate what could go with these ramblings. So as I spent twenty minutes photographing home-made bunting, the decision is made. So be it. Brown paper bunting hanging on my study door it is. Classy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?