Currently Confused from Carlisle

Okay. I have been methodically writing this blog on a daily basis, commenting on life around me and bringing in a few historical tit-bits to keep everyone on an even keel. So imagine my dismay today when I logged into my blog to find that although I had written yesterday's entry last night, I somehow hadn't published it!  Not sure what went on there folks, so today there are two posts albeit this one is a little bit fragmented and disjointed...
And that is probably because I have spent my morning on video conferencing calls and checking in on folk. In-between, I have managed to make a version of the infamous rocky road cake (see today's delicious photo) and re-plant a few seedlings. Currently, I am being pestered by the great big ginger tom who thinks if he purrs loudly enough that I will let him sit on my lap. Think again moggie. 

I am quite missing the structure and daytime routine of work today. Seeing the Museum team this morning was a great tonic and it is good to chat with them, but it is not quite the same as seeing them all in person. Although it is lovely to speak and see people, I am starting to find constant video calls quite draining and often end the day worn out, despite only moving from chair to kitchen (coffee, of course!). I appreciate that is the same for many of us in our new arrangements.

One of the things that I am starting to work on are plans for us returning to work. This is unlikely to happen before 4th July and maybe sometime later, depending on circumstances, but we need to be prepared and have thought things through, because life will certainly be different. Three months ago the phrase 'social distancing' was not in general usage yet now there is not a day goes by without us hearing or using it. This will most certainly impact on how we run the Museum to protect both staff and visitors. We need to be cautious and careful, reassuring those that venture into the Castle and the Museum, making sure that we have systems in place for folk to safely visit. Our leisure time is going to be very different and we will all have to adapt to this new 'normal' for the near future. 

Meanwhile, my immediate leisure time consists of eating, improving my gardening skills, more eating, preventing the cat from constantly wanting to sit on my lap and yet more eating. Life is certainly very different at the moment and will be for many weeks to come. That probably means continuing with 'screen watching' on video calls and more eating but for now, on with the plans for re-opening...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...