Keeping up to date with the Current Situation


I was interested to see that the Government could announce some changes to the furlough scheme today. Sensing something was afoot I tuned in avidly to the 5pm broadcast. Obviously as myself and two of my colleagues are currently furloughed, I like to keep abreast of announcements and notifications. All through this pandemic I have tried to keep abreast of news that could have an impact on the Museum. Armed with a much-needed juice, I settled down on the sofa for the arrival of the Chancellor. The changes to the scheme could affect the Museum so I need to take all this on board.

At the same time I am having to put plans in place for reopening. Sourcing a firm to make an acryllic panel for our front desk, working out where signage should go, purchasing hand sanitiser. I scan the internet for information and advice, see what the cultural sector suggest to help with the writing of a risk assessment. It's been a hot day when I quite fancied sitting out in the garden with a good book, but it is important that I keep up to date with the wider picture and prepare for the future. So the book can wait today. Listening to the coronavirus broadcast is more important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...