Putting My Green Fingers to Good Use!


Just a short blog entry this evening. With the sun out today, I was tempted to spend some time in the garden. Not soaking up the rays but getting to grips with a few tasks. Today I was going to be green fingered, a cross between Percy Thrower (known to those of you of a certain age) and Monty Don. Okay, maybe not quite a natural in the garden but not afraid to get my hands dirty!

I had planted some seeds a few weeks back and recently replanted the seedlings into larger pots. Housed in my greenhouse, the seedlings had sprouted additional leaves under my tender loving and daily care. The time had come to transfer them to grow bags to enable them to grow and hopefully produce some food. A good task to do today only I hadn't appreciated just how hot it would be under the glass. Not sure of the temperature but it certainly felt as though I was somewhere in the tropics. Good for growing tomatoes and cucumbers but not for humans.

The next task was to plant some seeds. My other half has lovingly replaced the wood around the edge of our raised beds and produced some protective covers to prevent our feathered friends from digging up anything we grow. I dug my shallow trenches and popped in leek, parsnip and courgette seeds with the help of the chickens. Holding them back whilst gardening is always a challenge and today was no exception!  After a few attempts I managed to get the seeds into the ground, water them and put back on the cover without the help of  the chucks. Job done!

It is not quite the Good Life, but I am trying to use this furloughed time wisely and hopefully we will benefit in a few months time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...