Sorting out Family Photographs



One of the things I have started to tackle is sorting out our                          enormous quantity of photographs that we have accumulated over the years. One of those lockdown tasks that seem to be taking longer than I had first anticipated. But what a treasure trove this is turning out to be! A real trip down memory lane.

I have attached some to today's blog post. A lovely studio photo taken with my sister. I remember the trouser suits that we are wearing in the picture. They were orange with an orange patterned waistcoat. Very 1970s and I remember I thought it was fabulous. The chubby baby photo, where I had obviously decided shoes were not the way forward. A fabulous photo with me and a wee Naomi - is there a similarity between the two babies, mother and daughter? What fun I have been having looking at these over the last week.

The great piles of photos have brought back some wonderful memories. Holidays past, various photos of the family, our girls weekends away, the extension on our old house,WW1 battlefields, weddings...the list goes on. Amongst them were a selection of black and white photos of some of our ancestors with pencil notes written on the back. Of course looking through them all means it has taken me a lot longer to sort them out as I spend time going 'ooh' and 'aah.'

But some of the photos are a little querky such as me driving a tank. Plus one of me and my friend Fran emerging from the bomb hole at Gilwell Park Scout Centre on a sedan chair rally race weekend. Of course, looking at a photo opens up more than just the picture you can see, remembering when it was taken, why it was taken. It has been fun navigating through our personal history. Sorting the photos out is only part of the task. Now, of course, I need to put these into some sort of order...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

It's Raining Again...