Put on those Rubber Gloves...


We have now been open a week and all the staff are getting used to a new way of operating. All our visitors have been great, understanding the introduction of social distancing and the one-way system around the Museum. Our interactives are currently out of use, there is no children's trail at the reception desk and bottles of hand sanitiser are evident.

But it is good to get the Museum back open. Even though my focus has now changed. Yes, my days are filled with cleaning. I don my gloves, pick up the cleaning bucket and head down to the gallery to polish the door handles and wipe hard surfaces with anti-bacteria spray.

Although today I seem to have spent most of my time cleaning the toilets. I noticed that my purple signature was working its way down the checksheet as I wiped down the sink and the taps. Note to self - must remember the cloths are pink for sink and blue for loo. We are hitting the toilet cleaner hard so need to purchase a few more bottles next week. Floor cleaned, sink sparkling and facilities ready for use.

Joking aside, it is important that we provide a safe and clean environment for visitors. We have our VisitEngland 'Good to Go' certificate on display and a comprehensive risk assessment on our website to reassure people that the Museum is serious about looking after our visitors, staff and volunteers. As the country gently comes out of lockdown and we are operating with a new normal, we want to make sure that everyone feels comfortable when they visit Alma. If that means we have to undertake additional cleaning to ensure the Museum is safe, then so be it. 

Now wear is my cleaning bucket...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?