The First Post-Lockdown Haircut

Today was the day. No, I haven't won the lottery or was able to go on holiday. Today was the day for the first haircut in as many months. To say I was looking forward to the occasion is probably an understatement. Infact, the whole family were looking forward to the visit. After sixteen weeks, I was about to lose the mop on my head and feel several stone lighter.
Obviously, precautions were in place and the lovely Anne rocked up at our house in visor and disposable apron, more surgeon than hairdresser. We also offered her the opportunity to cut our hair in the garden. Nice idea, but it was a little chilly so after I had lost the lockdown locks she migrated to our kitchen.

The trouble is I have started to get used to my wild mop of hair, and restrained from having my normal short back and sides. I am also getting used to my natural colour, 'steel grey' as Anne called it. Nice. So I have come to a compromise. Keep the slightly longer hair and my pale and interesting look for four weeks until my next appointment, then review it. See if I have learnt to embrace the look.

That is, of course, if my daughter can stand it. 'Get it dyed' she said 'you look old.' Thanks Naomi. Say it as it is. So hairdressers around the land are currently cutting, styling and dyeing hair making up for lost time. Many of my friends have their appointments booked too. Next time we are video calling, we probably won't recognise each other! But at least now I can cycle to work without a wall of hair falling constantly over my eyes. Thanks Anne.

Comments

  1. Hi Jules - I know exactly how you feel -- my mum has started to call me "Oh grey haired one" - I have to wait until 25 July to lose this nickname ! I too also cannot wait for my fringe to no longer be in my eyes. Please don't stop the blog - I absolutely LOVE it, some days I only know the date by reading it, it has been a delight during lockdown. Sarah W XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?