Mother's Day?

I am now all set up for working from home with a dining room table laden with files, a laptop and my portable hard drive.  Apparently, as its Mother's Day, I can put up my feet and relax today.  That my eighteen year old daughter will attend to my needs and spoil me.  I think it lasted five minutes.  From tomorrow we will both be working from home.  As a year 13 student, she found her whole life disrupted last week with schools closing and exams cancelled.  Two of us fighting for space - this could be an interesting week.

Running a Museum from home is going to be a challenge. Luckily, I work with a fantastic team and we have arranged for our first virtual meeting in the morning. This is new territory for us, planning how we can keep in contact with our visitors and users despite being closed.  We spent time last week going through ideas, taking photographs and planning content for our social media and website, getting ourselves organised for the next few weeks.  Discussing all this via video conference call is going to be fun for me as I am not known for my technical skills.  I am hoping that my daughter might be my technical support if it goes a little wrong.  Payment will be in chocolate...if that hasn't disappeared off the shelves in the latest panic buy.

Also sharing the dining room will be our seven year old ginger tom called Trooper.  A chunky rescue cat with half a tail who will be very surprised to find two members of the household working from home.  He will probably want to investigate what is going on, and could be an interested addition to any conference call. The joys of working from home!  Luckily, the kettle will be constantly on to help with any planning and help me cope with any electronic emergency. And I have dictated to the team that any video conferencing is not to be done wearing pyjamas...I have standards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...