Today I was heading off on my hols


I should be packing my rucksack now. Getting excited at the prospect of 12 days away. Checking I have my passport, boarding pass, suntan lotion. Instead I am on my computer checking to see that my flight is cancelled and I can get a refund. Allow me to self-wallow in pity today please.

Although currently not working, being on furlough is not quite the same as heading to the airport, queueing at passport control and puchasing the airport coffee.  Today I was due to head out on my travels to Jordan, a historical fest to feed my eternal interest in the past. 

I had planned this adventure late last year, finalising my plans over the Christmas holidays before the world was consumed by a pandemic. I have always wanted to visit Petra and was excited about the whole trip, travelling on my own and immersing myself in historical visits before ending the trip with a few days on the Dead Sea. All sounds very idyllic and I certainly was looking forward to the break. Plus a chance to recharge my batteries before the main Museum season gets going.

Of course I am not the only person who has seen their holiday plans cancelled during the coronavirus outbreak. And I am sure everyone feels the same. Of course, I can look at photos of Jordan on-line and wear holiday clothes around the house, not quite what I had anticipated a few months ago! 

However, there is always next year. These sites have been around for hundreds of years so they will be there in another 365 days. It's good to stay positive, but do allow me moments of feeling sorry for myself today. Especially as it grey outside my window at the moment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Guide, Always a Guide...

A Socially Distanced Alternative?

Anti-Bacterial wipes for the Medieval Castle?